Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP) Year: 2008
The Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP) is North Carolina’s multi-modal transportation plan. The CTP represents a community’s consensus on the future transportation system (including the existing system and improvements) needed to support anticipated growth and development over a 25-30 year timeframe. When a CTP is adopted by NCDOT, it represents the state’s concurrence with the identified transportation needs and proposed recommendations.
2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan
View the MTP page for more information about current and past MTP.
Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) 2018-2027
View the TIP page for more information about current TIP efforts.
STRIVE is part of the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies that aims to use transportation resources more efficiently
TDM strategies include:
- Improved transit options, such as set route transit and dial-a-ride services
- Improved non-motorized planning and facilities (sidewalks, crosswalks and bike lanes)
- Incentives to use alternative modes and reduce driving
- Parking and Land Use management
- Universal Design (transport systems that accommodate all users)