The Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) is a framework for the planning activities and efforts that the FBRMPO will undertake for the fiscal year. Serving as both a budget and guide, the UPWP is adopted on an annual basis in accordance with Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) guidelines. The UPWP illustrates the funding allocations from federal transportation planning funds, including highway and transit programs. An example of a few items outlined in the UPWP include project prioritization coordination, bicycle and pedestrian planning, special studies, and public involvement.
|FY 2021 UPWP||Adopted March 26, 2020 (Current)|
|FY 2020 UPWP||Adopted June 27, 2019|
|FY 2019 UPWP||Adopted May 24, 2018|
|FY 2018 UPWP||Adopted March 23, 2017|
The UPWP is the MPO’s budget for planning activities through the fiscal year, including in-house planning activities and special studies undertaken in the region using MPO planning funds.
This Call for Projects serves to identify short-range transportation planning activities throughout the region. It will make $200,000 in federal planning (PL) funds available to member governments in FY2022 with a 20% local match required from the project sponsor. Studies selected will be implemented as part of FY2022 PWP.
- October 26, 2020: Call for Projects Opens
- December 31, 2020: Applications Due
- January 6, 2021: FBRMPO Prioritization Subcommittee Discusses and Recommends PWP Projects
- January 2021: FBRMPO TCC and Board Approve PWP Projects and Program them in Draft FBRMPO FY2022 PWP
- March 2021: FBRMPO Adopts FY 2022 PWP
- July 7, 2021: Deadline to Submit Local Match Commitment Letter
- Summer/Fall 2021: Date is subject to local match commitment letter availability — Execute Contract with Land of Sky Regional Council, Issue RFP, Select Consultant